LOS ALTOS ROD AND GUN CLUB
14750 SKYLINE BOULEVARD, LOS GATOS, CA 95033
OPEN THURSDAY THROUGH SUNDAY PHONE (408) 867-3106
HOURS: 9 AM to 5 PM (WINTER HOURS 9 AM to 4 PM from NOVEMBER 1 through APRIL 1)
We value your business. However, to conform with Federal and California laws anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, or have written consent signed by their parent or legal guardian and be accompanied by a person over 21 years old who will supervise the minor (handguns), or be accompanied by a person over 21 years old who will supervise the minor (rifles and shotguns). Anyone between 18 and 21 years old planning to shoot a handgun must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian or have written consent signed by their parent or legal guardian to shoot a handgun at this range. You must be at least 21 years old to purchase pistol ammunition and at least 18 years old to purchase rifle and shotgun ammunition. We reserve the right to require proof of age from any customer, and to use our discretion and judgment in determining who we allow to use our facilities. Consent forms are available at the office and on our web site.
VEHICLES MUST NOT EXCEED A WALKING SPEED!
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES OR MIND ALTERING SUBSTANCES ARE NOT PERMITTED ON RANGE PROPERTY AT ANY TIME! THIS MEANS EITHER IN THE CONTAINER OR INGESTED!
RULES ARE IN ENGLISH AND MUST BE UNDERSTOOD, FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY SAFETY RULE MAY RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EXPULSION FROM THE PREMISES!
1. The Los Altos Rod and Gun Club reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
2. Everyone going on the shooting range must pay an entrance fee. Children under 7 years old are not allowed on the firing range.
3. Everyone who goes on the shooting range (goes down the hill to the west of the office) MUST wear eye and ear (hearing) protection.
4. THE RANGE OFFICIALS MUST BE OBEYED PROMPTLY. REFUSAL WILL RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE RANGE.
5. Firearms MUST NOT BE HANDLED during a "CEASE FIRE", either in a vehicle, on a bench, or anywhere else. Do not return to the bench for any reason during a "CEASE FIRE".
6. ALL FIREARMS MUST BE UNLOADED AT ALL TIMES WITH THE ACTIONS OPEN AND DETACHABLE MAGAZINE REMOVED, except at time of firing.
7. Firearms MUST BE POINTED DOWN RANGE at all times, except when transporting to and from the firing points, when the MUZZLE WILL BE POINTED UP. This does not apply to Black Powder loading procedures. If you shoot Black Powder firearms, ask for the BLACK POWDER RULES.
8. Firearms should never be pointed above the target stand. When shooting come up from the bench and sight directly at the target. DO NOT POINT THE FIREARM IN AN UPWARD POSITION AND COME DOWN TO THE TARGET. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER AND OUT OF THE TRIGGER GUARD, except when you are actually squeezing off a shot.
9. The firing line is designated by the forward leading edge of the shooting bench towards the targets. When at the firing line the MUZZLE MUST EXTEND TO OR BEYOND THE FIRING LINE.
10. DO NOT hand a loaded firearm to anyone.
11. Rifles and handguns ARE NOT ALLOWED on the Trap Ranges.
12. NO display of firearms in parking or picnic areas.
13. Hip shooting and fast draw ARE NOT permitted. No holsters or holstered guns are permitted, except by authorized personnel on the 2P Range.
14. The following are NOT PERMITTED on this range: FULLY AUTOMATIC FIREARMS, ARMOR-PIERCING BULLETS, INCENDIARY BULLETS, TRACER BULLETS, TRIGGER ACTIVATORS, 50 CALIBER BMG OR SIMILAR AMMO, EXPLODING TARGETS, AND ANY FIREARM THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH STATE AND FEDERAL LAWS. All PISTOL-GRIP LONG GUNS may only be fired with butt plate against the shoulder (fixed stock and/or folding stock extended). IF NO SHOULDER STOCK, THE FIREARM IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS RANGE. On the trap ranges no magnum or hi-base shells are permitted.
15. Rapid fire shooting is restricted to 22 CALIBER RIMFIRE only. It is permitted only on the 40 yard Tin Can Range and only under direct range officer supervision. All other shooters must allow a minimum of two (2) seconds between each shot.
16. Center fire and Black powder rifles are not allowed on the 15/25 yard range. There are 25 yard target positions available on the 50 yard range.
17. Anyone under age eighteen (18) years must be constantly supervised by an adult. They are not allowed to run free, they must stay with the adult responsible for them. The adult CAN NOT be shooting while supervising.
18. Only the following may be used as targets on the Tin Can Range: tin cans, aluminum cans and plastic bottles not to exceed 1 gallon jug, empty or filled with water only. No beverages,no rocks or dirt. No pressure vessels or aerosol cans.
19. NO pets on or off leash or in your vehicle anywhere on the property. Please leave your pets at home where they will be comfortable and healthy.
20. Shotguns, loaded with bird shot are allowed only on the 40 yard Tin Can Range, Trap Ranges (no larger than number 7.5 shot) and firing at the patterning board (no larger than number 7.5 shot). Shotguns, loaded with slugs are permitted on the Tin Can Ranges, 50 yd and 100 yd Ranges. Buckshot is only allowed on the 40 yard Tin Can Range.
21. While shooting on the hand traps, shoot only from the left side of the mechanical traps on the cement shooting platform provided. KEEP HANDS AND ARMS CLEAR OF THROWING ARM AND OUTSIDE OF THE SAFETY RING. Load only when in the shooting position. If using pump or semi-automatic shotguns, load ONLY TWO ROUNDS AT A TIME. DO NOT hand a loaded firearm to anyone. Only standard size, BIODEGRADABLE CLAY BIRDS may be used. NO SPORTING CLAYS allowed. The launcher must be left in the released position when unattended. If there is no shooter ready to shoot, the launcher must be un-cocked.
22. On any specific range (i.e., 100 yd, 50 yd, Tin Can, 15-25 yd) DO NOT change shooting stations, unless you do so during a firing sequence, and all of your equipment is moved to the new position.
23. Be aware of your own targets and DO NOT shoot at someone else's target. SHOOTING AT ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR TARGET MAY RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE. The benches and target frames are marked for your convenience. DO NOT CROSSFIRE AT TARGETS.
24. All handguns, including revolvers and semi-auto pistols are not permitted on the 100 yd rifle range. There are shooting positions on the 100 yard Tin Can Range and six target frames to its right where handguns may be fired.
25. In case of a misfire (failure to fire or hang fire), Keep your firearm under control and the muzzle pointed down range for at least one full minute, before attempting to eject the cartridge.
26. You are only allowed to pick up your own brass.
27. Photograph and Video Policy: We permit a person to take photographs or videos of his group, but not of other people on the range. We wish to respect our customer's privacy, and require our customers to do likewise.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL SAFETY REMINDERS
Cease fire is every 20 minutes, with a 3 minute warning before the cease fire is called. The Range Officer will announce over the P.A. system: "CEASE FIRE. CEASE FIRE. Unload and make safe all firearms. Lock all slides to the rear and remove all magazines. If the slide does not lock open, place an empty cartridge between the slide and chamber. Open cylinders, bolts, lever actions . Lay your unloaded firearms on the shooting station with the muzzles pointed down range. If, for any reason, you encounter problems making your firearm safe, advise the range safety officer immediately."
When all have done this, the range officer will announce: "All shooting stations are safe. You may go forward to post, check or retrieve your targets. . . . When you return from down range, return directly behind the white safety line. Do not stop or hesitate at the shooting stations for any reason. When posting your targets, post them below the white line and in the center of the wooden target frame. All shooters are responsible for their own targets, tin cans, plastic containers, empty shot gun hulls, etc. Garbage cans are provided on the range for your convenience."
RANGE PERSONNEL ARE HERE FOR YOUR SAFETY. We require that you give them your full attention.
OBEY ALL RANGE SIGNS. REPORT ALL INJURIES TO THE RANGE OFFICIAL IMMEDIATELY. Rev. 6/28/2014